Sunday, August 21, 2005

Twenty Sixing

Whoa,So I have turned 26 finally.It is an interesting number this 26.It is opperfectly divisible by just 1,2 1nd 13.So I am now double of my first year as a teenager.I like to begin or rather consider my New Year to begin from my birthday.So this is the time,new plans are made and executed.The past year is reviewed.Notwithstanding the fact that there was so much I did not do in the preceding 12 months,there is also so much that I did do in those same months.So I have to carry forward the unfinished business,add it to the currently pending one and add it to this year's plans.Boy Oh Boy...This will be a busy year indeed.
So how did my day go?Quite good actually;kept getting phone calls through the night,then woke up at 0430,was out for a run by 0530,back by 0600,showered and dressed as had to take Mom to Hare Krishna Land as they have this special prayer service for Life Members.Reached there at 0715,took part in the group Morning Archana,then the birthday special happened.The Priest was speaking in rapid Sanskrit with a hushed tone,but I did manage to hear him pray for me obtaining Aishwariya.And Mr.Salman Khan staying some 5 kms away as the crow flies.
What I like about this birthday is that I know myself even better now than before,if such a thing is possible.And its all due to the nice people I have in my life.I likes :-)
Then was off to work,visited a customer,went to office and sent a stinker of a letter to an established public company which is a self proclaimed leader in the Welding Equipment Business.That ensured prompt attention.Then back home,did some sorting and then started off to pick up Shweta and go to Polly Esthers.The girl looked divine cos she probably is.Did the Gateway drive by and saw gorgeous ships at anchorage gently rolling in the full moon lit shimerring sea.Gave the Shamsherni to the valet at Gordon House to park and headed over to Mondy's for a pre-drink drink.2 Cobras with Garlic Mushrooms.Aye Haye!!!I don't like the new Mondy's menu card.Its out of place with the overall ambience of the place.There I go again complaining about a lack of holistic design sensibilities.There ios a Parsi food and wine fest on at Cafe Mondegar this week;and no..thhe wine is not Parsi.We then moved on to Polly's.The crowd was sparse so had our Absoluts by the bar and observed the people.Lots of hilarity there.Then found a place to sit and talk.Had another Absolut.Then the crowd was there,the music was becoming danceable so we moved to the floor and danced.Again and again.Moved out of there by a quarter to one as I had to get back to M80.And a wonderful time was had by all.....Polly is a nice place,even more so because I managed to get 4 cans of Kingfisher beer in exchange of the leftover coupons,walked down with them to the very vocal astonishment of this Trying too much to be hot aunty '''Oh F***!!Oopar ka maal neeche''' I just grinned at her,told her its my birthday.In hindsight,maybe I shoulod have asked her for a kiss?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home